Trip Map

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Days 150-???: Philadelphia, USA

We’re going to spend the rest of the summer in Philadelphia, living with Mary’s parents for a bit while we rebuild our savings accounts and rest up from a tiring journey. It won’t quite be all leisure time, since we need to find a place to stay in Pasadena and get our stuff out there (which Monica and Gif have VERY graciously stored in their basement while we’ve been gone!). Plus I will continue contracting over the next several months and need to find a permanent position in the LA area (if you know of interesting startups out there, give me a holler). Not to mention that we have quite a bit of travel still to come this summer: 1 graduation, 4 weddings, 1 Bar Mitzvah, and 1 family reunion. But our circle around the pacific is complete, and so is this blog.

If you ever have any questions about the trip, please feel free to ask. I’ve acquired mad trip planning skills through booking all of this! Only one travel agent was used during the entire trip, and that was because you can’t book flights on Vietnam Airlines over the web. A big thanks to Lonely Planet, Wikitravel, Wikipedia, and Google for all the help! Thanks also to our parents for helping provide logistics at home (dealing with mail, helping with taxes, etc)!

We’ll be up in Boston at least a couple times this summer to see everyone there, we miss you all!

2 comments:

Jun said...

Welcome back!! Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave and Mary,

My partner and I are planning a trip to Vietnam so I was very happy to find your blog.
I was wondering if you could tell me which junk boat you stayed on in Halong bay?
My email address is kayliebodeker@hotmail.com
Thanks again,
Kaylie